- Best cow with calf at foot (up to three photos)
- Best heifer, maiden or in calf over a year born on/before 31/7/2020 (two photos)
- Best female born on/after 1/8/2020 (two photos)
- Best male born on/before 31/7/2020 (two photos)
- Best male born on/after 1/8/2020 (two photos)
- Best group of pedigree Limousin animals (one photo only)
Up to three photos for category ‘a’, one of the cow, one of the calf and one of both. Up to two photos per entry in the next four categories (b, c, d, e) one side view and one either from front or back. Only one photo for category ‘f’ the group competition.
Top three in each category will receive two straws from one of the following bulls:
- Hector GD RRevs – LM7428
- Leopard MN RRevs – LM7437
- Haled MN RRevs – LM7425
- Jurancon RRe M – LM7431
- IO Rre M – LM7434
- JYM Rrvs – LM4872
The winning club will receive six straws of any of the Evolution (Sersia) bulls that the Limousin society has in stock.
The runner up club will receive four straws of any of the Evolution (Sersia) bulls that the Limousin society has in stock.
RULES AND CONDITIONS
Competition will be run on a club basis.
Competition confined to pedigree registered Irish Limousin cattle.
Entries to be forwarded to Club secretary/chairperson on/by 1/8/2021.
- Each club may enter two entries in each category.
- An individual breeder may have a maximum of two entries in the clubs entry of 12.
- Clubs are responsible to ensure that the animals in the photographs are owned by the entrant, are eligible for the competition and are the correct age for the section they are entered in.
- Photos to be taken in July 2021 and closing date for entries to club secretaries is 1/8/2021.
- Completed club entries to arrive to Limousin office by 15/8/2021. All entries must come through the club secretary/chairperson.
- Responsibility rests with the club officers to select the clubs entries and have them forwarded to the Limousin office by the closing date.
- It is up to the winning clubs to decide on how they distribute the straws.
An independent judge will be selected by the Limousin council to select the winners. The judge’s decision will be final.
NB: This competition is aimed at natural photos of animals in fields. Professionally taken photos or photos that have been photo-shopped will be disqualified.
Any photos submitted will become property of the Irish Limousin Cattle Society and may be used in the future to promote the Limousin Society or society events. Entry in the competition is taken as acceptance of the above rules.
Please attach the completed entry form and forward with your entry to your club secretary/chairperson ⇒Click here for entry form⇐